China is one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the world for mobile messaging, with the most advance filters in place to block messages in and out of the country. We are pleased to inform that GINOTA offers Direct connections to all China Telco Networks with high delivery ratio.
Can we use Alphanumeric sender ID in China?
- Unfortunately, no. Sender ID will be masked to local long numeric numbers starting with 1069.
Is the DR reliable?
- Direct routes to China supports handset delivery report.
Is concatenated SMS supported in China?
- Yes. Long concatenated text messages are supported by the 3 main telcos in China: China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom.
Other general regulations for China that we should be aware of:
- Only for OTP (One Time Pin), Verification codes and Member Notifications are allowed on direct routes to China.
- Marketing SMS Blast are prohibited in China.
- There will be a signature of 4 chars length to be appended for each message
- This signature shall be applicable for all 3 networks – China Telecom, China Unicom and China Mobile
- Length per SMS:
- UCS2 :
- Total message length <=70 chars including signature -> will be charged as 1 unit
- Total message length > 70 chars including signature -> will be treated as concat message with every 64 chars message charged as 1 unit
- ASCII :
- Total message length <= 140 chars including signature -> will be charged as 1 unit
- Total message length > 140 chars including signature -> will be treated as UCS2 concat message with every 64 chars message charged as 1 unit
- Gambling, adult, religious and political messages are strictly prohibited.
- Sending of above restricted content will result in account suspension.
- List of Blacklisted words in China can be found at https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/List_of_blacklisted_keywords_in_China.html
*** All message contents should be submitted for whitelisting in order to ensure delivery. Please kindly send in your request to [email protected] ***
For more inquiries, please feel free to drop us an email at [email protected]